Thursday, June 25, 2009

I Love Craigslist!!!

I FINALLY got Jake an Exersaucer and a Doorway Jumper a few weeks ago, and he really likes both of them, thank goodness! I think he has more fun with the jumper because he likes to spin himself around when he's not jumping and just "hang out," haha. I found both things on Craigslist, which is my new FAVORITE place to get toys and stuff. And just yesterday I found Jake some toys on Craigslist for when he gets a little older, along with an umbrella stroller, and a shopping cart cover (he's always touching everything and then putting his hands in his mouth, and now that he's sitting up I think he would have more fun sitting in the cart instead of being in the carseat, and I want to avoid him getting sick all the time if he's going to be a "mouther" in the cart!), all for only $45.00!!! I'm never paying full price for anything ever again!!

The yellow rubber stick thing is his favorite! His new thing the past week has been to bang it against the rolly thing right next to it. (Aparently, if you just add the word "thing" after any word, people automatically know what you're talking about!)
So determined!!

Got it!


The Jumper!

I was interrupting his concentration, haha.


These are the toys! When I got home with them, Steve and I had tons of fun playing with them, so I'm SURE Jake will just have a ball when he gets older. The one on the left is a Little People parking garage/car wash thing, and the one on the right is my favorite. It's an Alphabet Train learning center, and the lady that I got it from said her kids played with this ALL the time, and it really helps them to learn letters, colors, and numbers. The squares on the train tracks are the letters with a picture (like B is for Ball), and when you roll the train around on the tracks it says the letters, you can also push on them individually. There are songs it plays and the clock says the time and the numbers, and to the left of the clock, there's a spot to press down different animal figurines (it comes with every kind of animal you can think of!) and it says the name of the animal and different characteristics of each one, like the color, and if it has spots, what sound it makes, etc. The colored log-looking-things are like a keyboard, it plays different notes, and each one also says what color it is, and it says what shape is stickered to it. It's AWESOME!!! And it was only $10.00!! I can't wait for Jake to be able to play with this stuff!! (Sorry for the long-winded explanation, it's just so COOL!!)

He loves his Exersaucer!!


5 comments:

  1. He is so big and sooo cute! I love craigslist and just yesterday I was looking for one of those exersaucers on there, I found one in rexburg. I love the one you got. I am not sure if I will get the one I found. I will just wait cause there is always something new on there. It is the best! Looks like you are having fun with that little man! We miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Missy!! We think he's pretty cute too :) And YOUR little guy is SOOO handsome! Yeah, Craigslist is definitely the way to go with babies/kids. They just outgrow things WAY too fast to ever pay full price for something. I looked for a couple weeks before I found an exersaucer that I thought Jake would like. Good luck with your search :) We miss you guys SOOO much!!!! Keep enjoying little Mack!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!!!!!! You have a blog!!!! I love catching up with everyone this way! Jake is so cute and I can tell you just love being him mommy! I love love love craigslist too! We have bought and sold on there and we dealt with pretty normal people too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Craigs List for kids' stuff, too. We have gotten so much stuff for Ana from it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! I am s o excited that you have a blog! We miss you guys a ton!

    ReplyDelete