Monday, May 10, 2010

Happy B-day to MEEE!! And Happy Mother's Day, too!

On Mother's Day I turned 25... yep, the big 2-5. Being in the Quarter Century Club feels a little weird, actually, part of me feels like I should still stay I'm 21, but another part of me feels like I should be older than 25. Having a kid does that to a person! But anyways, I had a SPLENDID b-day, filled with everything I could ask for! Friends, San Diego, shopping, new MUCH needed capris and other awesome presents, the beach, yummy food, cake and ice-cream, a lazy Mother's Day for me (sorry Steve, you weren't allowed to be lazy) and Village Pizzeria in San Diego (my favorite pizza place EVER... if you're ever in San Diego, hop skip and jump over to Coronado and go there!!)..... what could be better?!

And, as far as the Mother's Day part of the day goes, Steve made it very special, with flowers, breakfast in bed, taking Jake through most of church (until Jake got cranky half way through Steve teaching the lesson in Teacher's Quorum), watching Pride and Prejudice with me and not complaining once!, and making me some yummy dinner. But I'm SOOO lucky, because I realize that even though he treated me so special this weekend, he treats me special EVERY day. I could NOT ask for a better husband to spend eternity with. And, I'm also so lucky to have such a fun, smart, spirited, hilarious son. Of course being a mom is challenging, and tiring, but I know it's the most important job I will ever have, and I just LOVE my little boy and he makes my heart smile. I love being his mom!!
When I got a b-day package, Jake was my mail carrier :)
We started the weekend off right when Steve met us at Chik-fil-A for lunch!
Some of Jake's best buds: Kaleb and Candice. This was at the little party we had Friday night.



Lunch break at the Horton Plaza in San Diego. Cheese-ball ;)


Our FAVE beach in Coronado!!! LOVE this place!!!


Waiting to eat some awesome Village Pizzeria pizza. YUMMO!!
Cupcakes and presents!! I got some MUCH NEEDED things, and I don't want to bore anyone with the list, so I'm just gonna say thanks everyone!!!!
Haha, this book was a present from my lovely mother, who knows Jake well ;) This made me laugh, and even from reading the back of the book and the first few pages, I KNOW that this is describing Jake, and it will help us BOTH!! Thanks Mom!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Rach, you look GREAT!!! Miss you guys! When are you coming to Idaho next? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you guys so much Rachel! That looks like so much fun! I am checking airline tickets right now so we can come visit you this summer. You MUST take us to Coronodo! You look beautiful by the way! Love and Miss you!

    ReplyDelete