Monday, May 10, 2010

Tribute

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!
This is dedicated to my own mom, and my mother-in-law :)
The one word I could use to describe my mom is: BEAUTIFUL, inside and out. I love my mom so much, and she is not only my mother, but she is my best friend (after Steve, of course). My mom is seriously the most patient, understanding, loving, even-tempered, saintly person I know, and she would do (and does) anything for anyone. She is the kind of mom who LOVES being a mom, and her children know it. She is my ultimate example for the kind of person I could only hope to be. We have had our ups and downs (what mother/daughter relationship hasn't?) but definitely WAY more ups than downs. And if it was a down it was most likely my fault anyway ;) But I'm so SO grateful to have my mom in my life, and I'm grateful to have her as an example. I try to be like her every day, and there are a lot of times when I could very easily lose my patience with Jake when I stop and think about what my mom would do in the situation, and the answer is always, "She would be patient and stop what she is doing and just give him a hug and show him she cares." Which is then what I try to do, and then things really do get better. So each day my goal is to be more like my mom, and give Jake the same feeling that I got from my mom every day: that I am LOVED.

Steve's mom, Kris, is also an amazing example to me. She works so hard to be dedicated to her family, and that she is!! She knows how to do pretty much anything, which comes in handy to someone like me who needs to LEARN how to do a lot of things! She is an excellent mother and grandmother, and Jake is actually her 17th grandchild. She raised 7 children, Steve being the baby in the family, so there are many people who need her love and attention and guidance, and she does SUCH a great job of providing that to everyone! I'm so grateful that she raised Steve to be the person that he is, she did an amazing job because he is an amazing person! I love going to Idaho to visit them because she has provided such a fun environment for all of her children and grandchildren to come home to. Thanks, Kris, for ALL that you do, we love you!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG I was super behind! I hadn't looked at your blog in ages! And Jake is such a cutey. seriously.

    this is a sweet post about your moms.

    happy mother's day to you, too.

    ReplyDelete