Monday, April 18, 2011

Sweet Evan Mac

I am FINALLY posting that Evan Mac is here!!! He is actually 6 weeks old today, but hey, it's been crazy around here so it's taken me a while ;) I'm planning on doing MUCH better with blogging after I play some catch-up. Anyways, so Evan joined our family on March 7th, at 2:27 am, weighing 8 lb. 11 oz., 20 inches long, and P.E.R.F.E.C.T. He is SUCH a sweet little guy, and such a good baby. He hardly ever cries, pretty much when he's hungry or tired, and every now and then when he just wants to be put down to kick his legs :) But he usually loves to be held when he's tired, which I'm trying to get used to because Jake was the opposite, believe it or not. He loves to suck on his binkie, but he isn't very good at keeping it in his mouth yet, and sometimes it's a problem... I have a love/hate relationship with binkies. But he's been a really good sleeper so far, he only wakes up a couple times to eat, and then usually falls right back asleep. If I could describe Evan in one word it would be: content. He is just a really chill kid! We need one of those around here ;) He loves to just lay on a blanket or on the bed and look around, but his favorite thing is to look at faces. He's been smiling since he was 3 weeks, and they keep getting better and better. He's just a doll!!! We love him soooo much, he's the absolute perfect addition to our family. Jake has been doing really well with Evan, too. The first couple weeks he was thrown WAY out of whack, naturally, and he had a hard time dealing with everything, but he never took out his frustrations on Evan. Not even once. It was mostly toward me, he was trying to do everything he could do get my attention, which meant he was n.a.u.g.h.t.y. Plus we had family in and out for the first 3 weeks of Evan's life, and poor Jake just couldn't handle everything. But he is MUCH better now and pretty much back to normal... but what is normal, really, with a 2 year old??? But seriously he has been such a great big brother. Let's hope it stays that way! So here are a TON of pictures, I'll do a separate post of Evan's Birth Story later, for right now just enjoy the pictures!
in labor... it ended up being 24 hours... loooong.


My sisters, Sarah and Hannah, and my mom were in the room until I had to push, so my sisters got to see that it's not quite what you see on TV ;) I loved having them there!
He's here!!! He was so content when he was born, he didn't cry pretty much the whole time we were in the hospital, even when he came out! Steve and I thought something was wrong with him but the nurses kept saying that he was great, he was just looking around!
Holy swelling!!



VERY proud parents :)




My 3 boys!!





About to go home, thank goodness. I HATE being in the hospital!



When Evan had his first bath at home, he fell asleep! So precious.

And this picture pretty much sums up what kind of mood Jake was in those first couple weeks. Yeeeah.
My favorite outfit, I love the little jeans!!


We love you, little man!!!! Thanks for being a sweet, lovable, handsome little guy, you are such a blessing!!

5 comments:

  1. He is sooooo adorbale! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love it. it gets me all teary eyes reading this, babies are just so precious. Congrats Rachel and Steve! I love your beautiful little fam. enjoy the two kiddos! it was a really hard transistion for me, like I took a long time to adjust. haha. but I love LOVE it now. 2 kids is FUN.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Rachel!! He is sooo adorable and of course I love his name. :) We actually like the name Landon for this one but we haven't decided yet so we'll see. Guess we both just like those Palmdale boy's names haha. Sounds like he's a little angel and I'm glad Jake is starting to adjust. It can be rough on the little guys at first! Anyway, hope everything else is going well. Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last belly picture of you is awesome-you tummy just sort of drops off :)

    Glad he is such a good baby for you. He sure is a cute guy!

    ReplyDelete