Friday, July 1, 2011

Brothers

Jake has been such a great big brother to Evan, much to my surprise ;) J has NEVER taken out his anger on Evan, in the 4 months that he's been alive. It could change, and probably will change at some point, haha, but for now I'll take the Sweet Older Brother! He always wants to be around him, and hates when Evan has to go down for naps. He'll sneak in Evan's room sometimes and I'll find him climbing up the crib just looking at him. I've noticed that Jake has kind of reverted back to baby-land in some ways.... he loves his crib again and wants to hang out with Evan in there and look at the mobile with him, he's been more affectionate toward me at times, like putting his head on my shoulder and wanting to sit on my lap, which isn't normal for him at all!! It's kinda nice :) Anytime I pull out a baby toy, Jake seems to "remember" that it's his, haha. I'm so excited for Evan to get bigger so that Jake can play more rough with him. He still isn't very soft with him, so I have to always watch him when they're together. Evan usually doesn't get too bothered with Jake poking him, haha. I know that they have a special bond already, Evan smiles at him so big, and when Jake's in the room he'll just watch him (and flinch if he comes too close, lol) and it's like he's thinking, "I need to get big FAST so I can do what he's doing!!" I think they're gonna be pals :)




Here are some pictures galore!!!




Jake shared his precious "tiger blankie" with Evan, it took us all by surprise! He doesn't give it to anyone!






This overhead playmat was Jake's favorite toy when he was a baby, and whenever I put Evan under it Jake usually gets in there with him, haha.





Holding Evan for the first time :)


I love ALL my boys!!!




First bath together


















These last 2 pics were taken about a week ago, look how big E's getting!!





2 comments: