Friday, July 1, 2011

A Spontaneous Saturday

So, I guess I should mention that we moved! We moved from Murrieta, CA to Thousand Oaks, CA (about 2 hours north) almost 2 months ago at the beginning of May for Steve's job relocation. We had been in Murrieta for 2 1/2 years and we were soooo sad to go, we LOVED it there. But we are LOVING Thousand Oaks, too!! We have had a really warm welcome from everyone here at church and with our neighbors, and it's helped a lot! Anyways, that's a different post ;) But that info. ties in with this post. We were actually feeling spontaneous one Saturday before we were going to move, and Steve didn't have to work, so we were trying to think of what we could do that we hadn't ever done. Steve had heard of this hike to a pretty waterfall called Tenaja Falls, and it was SUCH a pretty day, we couldn't waste it inside! So we packed Jake up in the hiking backpack and Evan in the wrap and off we went! At first we couldn't figure out how to get to the mail trail, it wasn't marked very well. We started off trying to climb over these big boulders going through a stream because that's how someone told us to get to trail, but I didn't feel comfortable with Steve carrying Jake on his back and me carrying Evan in the wrap. The rocks were slippery and one wrong move and a slip and someone could get pretty hurt. So we found a slab of concrete to sit down and eat our lunch. It was so peaceful there, just us and the sound of rushing water and the sunshine.... perfect :)



While we were eating lunch, there were some people who were also trying to find the main trail and didn't want to climb over the big boulders either, so they ended up just wading across the stream! Genious! Lots of people ended up doing it that way once we caught on to their brilliant idea. So Steve took his shoes off, rolled his pantlegs up and carried Jake across first and then carried me on his back. I started slipping and didn't want to get wet so I was hanging on for dear life and it made me laugh so hard I peed my pants!! Hey don't judge, Evan was only 4 weeks old!! lol, TMI, yeah I know ;)







Pretty view!!

And... the waterfall. It wasn't as big as I pictured it, but it was still pretty. It was a fun hike anyway!! I we hardly EVER get chances like this to just do something spontaneous and take off for the afternoon. Steve has been working crazy hours lately and our time together as a family is few and far between. Time is precious!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love Thousand Oaks! Lucky! You still crack me up! Some people deliver TMI and it's just gross, but you're one of those people that do it and it's just funny! I totally understand btw.

    ReplyDelete