Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Half- Way There!!

WOW, Jake turned 6 months old a couple days ago... I'm a little sad about that because he is just growing so fast, but I'm mostly excited that he keeps growing because he is getting more and more fun as time goes on! He definitely has a personality all his own, and it's going to be awesome to see how he continues to learn and grow. We just love our little Jakers!!! Steve and I don't know what we would do without him! Here are some pictures of Jake's journey of life so far! (This is a long post, I know, but there's so much to cover!)


So this is the last "formal" prego pic, just a couple days before Jake made his grand entrance... and I was huge. And that's an understatement!

At the hospital, playing the waiting game. Jake was 10 days overdue, with no sign of him coming on his own, so I was induced, thank goodness! This was just right after they had given me Pitocin, so I was still "happy," haha. When I look at this picture I think, "Wow, we had NO idea what was coming in just 17 hours, and how much our lives would completely change!!!" I don't know if you can tell, but I was sooo swollen. Water weight is the pits, and I had a lot of it.
Just Born!
Finally here!!! Just a few minutes old. Jacob Steven arrived on December 30, 2008 at 2:02 am, weighing in at 8 lb. 2 oz. and 20 3/4 in. long!! He was perfect.

Jake still makes this pouty face, and I can't help but laugh at him when he does, hehe. It's just so darn cute!


SUCH a proud Dad :) Jake absolutely adores him.

Just a few hours after he was born. He was wide awake a lot of the time.

So I noticed that I look a little green in this picture... oh well, I have a good reason! After a looong labor of 17 hours, we were both exhausted, to say the least! But Steve and I were so relieved and happy to finally be able to hold our sweet baby boy. It was worth every second.


Newborn :)
Since he was born just 5 days after Christmas, his "coming home" outfit HAD to have a Santa on it!! I found it hanging up in his closet the other day, and I admit I got a little misty eyed as I remembered just how SMALL he was. Even though his clothes are still small right now, they are ginormous compared to his newborn clothes.

Proud parents :) He fit perfectly on Steve's forearm.

I think this picture was taken right after the first time I had taken a shower in like 4 days. It's gross, I know, but that's reality when you have a newborn! At least, it was for me.
He reminds me of Yoda! haha

1 Month

Sleeping...
Some more sleeping... which was a rare occurence at the time!


2 Months

This is about when he REALLY started liking his baths.

Jake loved to sit in his crib and watch his mobile. I could leave him in there for more than half and hour and he would be just fine. He's always liked to play on his own, and I'm VERY glad for that. When I need to get things done he's usually content to play by himself with his toys or watch me clean, or do laundry, or cook, or whatever! Thanks, Jake!
3 Months

I love his smiles!!!

On his blessing day.

4 Months

"I see you!"

He was starting to do the "mini-pushups."

Rub a dub-dub!! Three men in a.... sink??

5 Months

Just chillin'

In the purple bumbo! (we borrowed it from our friends who have a girl, haha)

6 Months!!! Happy 1/2 b-day JAKE!!

I just want to pinch his little cheeks!!! I got him these little crocks, and it's one of his favorite things to chew on because it makes a sqeaky noise after he gets it all slobbery, hehe.

He's growing up....


I really liked the lighting in this picture.. and he was being so serious :)


Mom and Son on his special day! (I'm sad to say that we didn't get one with Dad... sorry Steve!)

Well, as you all can tell, this little boy is LOVED to pieces!!!! He has such a special spirit, which is still too big for his body, but he has grown into it a little more ;) He is so much fun, and we just hope he knows how much his Mom and Dad love him, as well as his grandparents, aunts and uncles, etc.!! Here are the stats:

Weight: 18 lbs
Length: 26 1/2 inches

Jake's "Can-Do" List:
  • he can sit up by himself, as of about 3 weeks ago!
  • he gets up on his hands and knees and rocks back and forth, getting ready to crawl
  • he babbles using different consonants: "magagadayayaramama"
  • he has said "mama" and "dada," not knowing what it means of course
  • he has two teeth
  • he sleeps about 10-11 hours at night (which is a HUGE blessing)
  • he can stand up and keep his balance while holding on to something (the couch, chair, etc.)
  • he gives "kisses," which means that he holds onto your face with his hands and lunges at you with his mouth WIDE open and plants one on ya wherever he lands! It can get pretty slobbery, but we don't mind :)
  • he's on the road to mastering his sippy cup
As for his likes/dislikes, it's pretty much the same as last month (see our very first post), except that he doesn't like his carseat as much (I knew that day would come!), and he seems to tolerate getting all lotioned up after his baths a little more. He still hates rice cereal, and I've stopped feeding it to him, because I'm feeding him other stuff now, and I'm going to try oatmeal instead. He LOVES sweet potatoes, avocadoes, watermelon and apples, but he gags on his banana flavored Gerber Puffs, so we'll see about those... He likes his Exersaucer and Jumper, and now HATES his bouncy seat, which is what I would put him in when I take showers, so now I'll have to put the jumper in the doorway or something. He loves when I go shopping and sit him in the cart instead of the carseat. He likes to lick my arm after I've put lotion on.. haha. And he likes to feel his teeth with his finger, and "This Little Piggy," and "Patty-cake." :)

We love him!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Raquelitta! How's life? I had no idea you had a blog!! Yay! I love getting updates! Hope you are doing well! Your little family is so cute! Love ya! p.s. Did you hear that BethAnnie is getting married??? She gets hitched August 1st!!

    ReplyDelete