Friday, September 4, 2009

3 Wonderful Years

Well, first let me just say that this has been one CRAZY, PACKED, FUN-FILLED summer!! I've been putting off posting because I don't know where to start, but I decided to start with our Anniversary Celebration! Steve and I had our 3rd anniversary on August 18, and unfortunately we weren't able to celebrate it on that exact day because I was up in Seattle visiting my family and helping with my sister's wedding reception. (Which was a blast, and I'll do a post later about that!) BUT we still had to celebrate, of course :), which we did this past weekend in one of my favorite places in the whole world (well, at least in the U.S., haha)..... SAN DIEGO!!! But before I talk about that, I just want to focus on August 18, 2006, the best day of my life. On that day I married my best friend, Steve Knowles, for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake City Temple. I really cannot put into words how I feel about Steve, except for he is the best husband I could EVER ask for. It is such a relief to me that the biggest decision I could ever make turned out to be such a HUGE success!! I think we really compliment each other, and when one of us falls short somewhere along the way, the other is right there to pick up the slack :) Which is important, because no marriage is perfect, but what matters is that you can get through the hard times TOGETHER. I'm so grateful that I will be able to share my life with my best friend, not just on earth, but for eternity. And that makes me grateful for temples, and the gospel, and the priesthood, and eternal families, and the list goes on and on and on... I guess "grateful" is the best word to describe how I feel about Steve, too. Thank you for the BEST three years of my life :)



Coming out of the temple, right after our wedding!

A few wedding pictures...





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so here are some pictures of when we celebrated last weekend! I had no idea what we were doing, it was all a planned surprise from Steve :) We started out by going to Old Town San Diego, which was SO COOL!!! I had no idea this place existed (we're still learning the SoCal area), it was a blast! We started out by eating lunch at this authentic Mexican restaurant called Casa de Reyes, and it was mmm-mmm- GOOD!! Jake really enjoyed it, too :) Then we had to hurry to catch a Harbor Tour boat which took us up and down the harbor in between San Diego and Coronado. It was beautiful. I seriously love that place. After that we drove over to Coronado and walked by the beach for a while, enjoyed the sunset, and then ate at my FAVORITE pizza place of all time (I think I like it better than Craigo's) called Village Pizzeria. If anyone ever visits San Diego, you HAVE to head over to Coronado and eat here!!! It was the perfect way to end a perfect day :) FUN FUN FUN!!!
At Casa de Reyes
They had real Mexican dancers at the restaurant, it was awesome!
This was Jake's expression the whole time he was watching them, haha. He didn't quite know what to think!
Enjoying the Harbor Tour
Beautiful San Diego
The famous Coronado Bridge that takes you over to the island
Two love-birds walking to Coronado Beach :)
He LOVES stroller rides
Mommy and Jakers (sorry, I always forget to turn the picture)
There was a GREAT sunset, this picture doesn't do it justice at all.
The Del Coronado Hotel, also famous ;)
A short clip of the Tour! What a FUN day!!!!! Thanks for planning it, Steve... Happy Anniversary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment