Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby's 1st (Should've been 2nd) Christmas 2009

Jake should've already been a Christmas pro, given his due date was Dec. 20th, 2008. BUT he decided to come (or rather, was forced, thanks to Pitocin) on Dec. 30th. So, we were all very excited to make this Christmas extra special for our little rug rat :) We got to spend this year with my family up in the Seattle area, and since he is the first grandchild on my side (17th on Steve's), he was spoiled ROTTEN!! But we had fun doing it, of course.

So, Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday. I mean, who doesn't love Christmas music, yummy food, fun holiday traditions, or getting to see your family and friends that you haven't seen in forever?? Oh, and don't forget the presents! I must say, I was in desperate need of some new clothes, some smelly good lotion and perfume, a video camera, new dishes, kitchen appliances and home decor. And "Santa" was good to me in those respects (THANKS everyone!!). But what I really love about this time of year is being prodded to think of the Savior more often. And it seems that the Spirit really is stronger in people, too. There is more kindness, service and love. I am grateful for the birth and life of Jesus Christ, for His brave and strong earthly parents, Mary and Joseph, and for His and our Heavenly Parents who love each of us enough to send their Only Begotten Son to this earth to live and die and atone for our sins so that we can have the opportunity to be with Them and our families forever. I know that He lives.

On a lighter note, here are some pictures of our Christmas Eve and day! I'm sad that I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted to, but that's what always happens with me because I'm having fun and I forget to take pictures!
One day I will figure out why the pictures never rotate on Blogger! Anyways, my mom set up a little tree in our room for Jake. It was a sock-monkey tree! We are always joking that he reminds us of a monkey, so that's kind of his theme, haha.

Christmas Eve! Steve flew in that night because he had to work, but he was able to stay for another 12 days, so he got a good long break in! I ended up being there for about 3 weeks total :) And yes, I came back home a little out of touch with reality!
My sis Emily, her hubby David, my sis Hannah and my brother, Brent. No, he does not like pictures. And yes, he is the only boy and the only one with red hair and blue eyes. Did we call him Fed Ex growing up? Also yes :) He still loves us!
Grandma and the Jakesters
Haha, it might look like he is scowling, but he was really giggling with the biggest grin on his face. He is a little ham!
New TOYS!!
We got a new video camera!!!! Ours was stolen at my sister's wedding back in July. While on the Manti Temple grounds with all of our family around. Luckily, or maybe by divine intervention ;), Steve had taken out all of our wedding videos and everything up until Jake was born. Unfortunately, Jake's arrival and newborn tape was still in the stolen video camera, but we did take a lot of the same types of videos on our regular camera. But still!! Didn't see that one coming!
Christmas family pic 2009

1 comment:

  1. Cute family! So this is all pretty funny to me - Finn was ALSO due on December 20th, but we didn't have him until the 29th! I really thought this would be his first Christmas - oh well. Finn's nursery theme is also vintage toys, so guess who has a giant sock monkey ;) Well, you are awesome! I'm glad you had a great first Christmas with Jake. Take care!

    ReplyDelete