Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Pop-tart Bandit

Jake has always been a curious little boy. We even call him Curious George, he's just always exploring and getting into things, and it can get pretty tiring. I love this about him though, because he will usually stay focused on something until he knows how it works, or what to do with it. Well, the other day, he was in our 3rd bedroom where I had piled our food storage in the middle of the room because I was going to organize it and put it away. There were boxes and boxes of things and I thought he would have a fun time pushing stuff around and climbing on the boxes (don't worry folks, the boxes weren't too high, and they were the durable-kind you get at Costco or Sam's with the heavy duty cardboard, so he couldn't hurt anything). Anyways, I knew that would keep him busy for a while, so I was in the kitchen doing dishes and stuff. Well I went to go check on him about 15 minutes later because it had all of a sudden gotten quiet (and we all know what that means). I laughed SO HARD when I saw what he had done. He had opened the heavy-duty cardboard part of a box of Pop-tarts, and then the smaller regular-size box of Pop-tarts, and THEN the individual BAG and was eating a Pop-tart!!! I still don't know how in the world he did it, especially in 15 minutes, but it was a result of the Curious George in Jake. Oh yeah, and no adult supervision, hehe. But he was so proud of that Pop-tart, though. When I found him, he had beaver-chewed it all around the edges and was getting to the good-stuff, and I was going to take it away from him so he wouldn't get a sugar rush but then I realized that he had EARNED that sucker!! To say the least, it was hilarious, and I'm laughing to myself as I write this. For the next 20 minutes until he had finished it he kept holding it up to me as if it were some kind of trophy he had won. Oh, that kid... I wouldn't trade him for anything.
Pure happiness right here!
Clapping his hands together with the Pop-tart and the bag.
Taking a big ol' bite of good-ness.

5 comments:

  1. way to go jacob!!! yay for you...that is sooo cute! wow what a doll..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is one of the best mischievious stories I have heard, leave it to be Steve's little boy!! I was laughing through the whole thing. Are you still coming for Thanksgiving? I hope we can get together!! We MUST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work! Because of whose son he is, that is only the beginning of what he will get into... Beware of toilet paper, high balconies (Steve will understand if you don't :))and shaving cream. BTW... when you guys drive through Salt Lake give us a heads up as to when you will come through, we'd like to see you. But we understand that after being in the car for that long, you might wanna just push onto Idaho Falls...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so stinkin cute! Glad things are going well for you. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha that is so funny! Brenton is quite curious too and can figure out anything. This week he figured out how to undo the latch to the dish washer. I found him standing on the dish washer drinking a glass of water that had been on the counter. Boys will be boys and will be curious :-)

    ReplyDelete