Thursday, March 8, 2012

Happy 4th of July 2011!!

This 4th of July was a blast!! We were on our way from SoCal to Idaho for the Knowles' Family Reunion and we were able to stop in Provo, UT and stay with Emily and David for a night :) They are so much fun to stay with, very hospitable and they like to keep busy with activities, which is what we did! I'm sad they live so far away right now, I want to have fun with them ALL the time! Jake loves Uncle Davido and Auntie Em, and so do we!! Ready for a picture overload??
We got there really late, like around 11 UT time, so we were all pretty tired, especially Evan. But he got some good cuddle time in :)

Jake helped Auntie Em make pancakes the next morning.Almost 4 months!Emily and David live at Wymount on BYU campus housing and they have this adorable play area right outside their apartment and Jake could play out there all day long if we let him. I wish we had something like this where we live!! Emily works at Provo Beach Resort so we went there for the afternoon and all I can say is it's probably a good thing I don't live close by because we would be poor from going there so much! My favorite things were Mini Croquet and the huge indoor playground. And I'm sure the FloRider would've been on that list but we ended up not doing it :( Next time!!What is the 4th of July without a picnic?!We ate at a park that was at the base of a mountain water run-off area that formed this little river. The water was FREEZING but no one seemed to care. Notice the slip and slide on the right?? Wish we had thought of that. SO FUN!!We went to my Aunt Diane's house later that night to watch fireworks. They live in Bountiful on the mountainside that overlooks the valley so we had a good view of all the fireworks going on. My Uncle Steve and Aunt Mindy were there were their 5 kids too. We hadn't seen anyone on my dad's side of the family in forever. Love them ALL!!!My All-American Boys :)Happy 4th everyone!!! I'm so grateful to live in a free country and be able to celebrate it's day of independence with the people I love. Even with all the cons of living in America, the pros DEFINITELY outweigh them. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment