Friday, March 16, 2012

Success!!!

So after 2 other attempts to try to potty train the J man, we FINALLY have lift off!!!! I was SHOCKED at how potty training actually happened. It was the second week of October and he woke up on a Friday morning and said, "I want to wear underpants!" He's done this before a few times and so he ends up wearing underpants until after lunch when he needs to go #2... and that's where the pottytraining would fall apart. He would do SO well with going potty but he was scared to death to go poop. I thought this time would end up like it had in the past, but 3rd time's a charm I guess ;) And it must have been divine intervention when that afternoon came along. Jake said he wanted the bag of Swedish fish that he had just won at our ward Halloween party and I said, "After you go poop in the toilet you can have them." And. It. Worked. What?!?! He walked right up to the toilet, pulled himself up and went. Just like that. I was SOOO excited!! That had been our one hurdle, and now we were over it! And seriously, after that he had a handful of accidents and that was it. It was the easiest thing ever, and I'm STILL counting my lucky stars! WAY TO GO JAKE!!!!!!

Captain Underpants :)

No comments:

Post a Comment