Thursday, February 24, 2011

Christmas and a Birthday

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!
We started the holiday season off right by going to our ward Christmas party and scaring Jake with Santa Clause again, hehe. He didn't scream like he did last year though. Improvement!
No Christmas is complete without gingerbread houses.
Mine:
Steve's..... BAHAHA, hmm I wonder where Jake gets his OCD-ness from? ;)

I think this is the cheesiest smile from Jake that I've captured on camera, I love it!!

We did Christmas presents from my parents before we left for Idaho.
Before:
After :)

At the Knowles'!!! We hadn't been to their house for Christmas since 2006. That's 4 long years people! 2008 was the next on-year for rotation, but on Christmas day I was 5 days overdue with Jake, so needless to say, we didn't go anywhere that year. It was so nice to be there for the holidays this time, especially for Steve since he hadn't spent Christmas with his family in forever! We were there for 10 days but it FLEW by. I guess that means we were having fun ;)
Boompa's train board was pretty much Jake's favorite thing at their house.
Pin the tail on Rudolph!I am so pathetic... these next 2 pictures are the only ones I took on Christmas day :( BAD!!
Right now Jake is really liking Pooh, and one of his favorite characters is Roo. He also loves the movie Cars, so we had to get him a Roo and Lightning McQueen!

SNOW!!! We hadn't seen snow in sooo long, it was beautiful! Jake didn't quite know what to do with it at first, but it didn't take long to figure it out.


We went to a self-serve yogurt place, and they had these cool chairs that Jake liked to climb through.And as you can tell it's good yogurt!
Basketball with Boompa and Daddy

Happy 2nd B-day, Jakers!!!! His birthday is on the 30th, and we didn't leave until Jan. 3rd so J got to celebrate his b-day with lots of family! I made this Mickey cake all by myself, and with some help from my expert mother-in-law, of course. I'm so proud, haha :)
The Birthday Boy!! I'll give his stats in a later post.
He's showing everyone he's 2
Crazy cousins
One of the birthday games was rolling ping pong balls across the room with just their noses. It was so cute watching the younger kids try to do this!
We got him trick candles! J loves helping me blow out candles at home, so I thought he would have fun blowing out candle after candle. And yep! He loved it :)
He got an electric screw driver/drill from Grandma and Boompa so he can help Daddy at home.

Steve has a best friend from elementary school, Jesse Havens, that lives in Idaho Falls, and his son, Luke, was having his 1st b-day when we were there, so of COURSE we had to go to his little party :) He is the cutest thing, so smiley and happy! We're so glad we got to meet him!
Jesse's wife, Emily, is AWESOME!!! I just love her, she's such a sweet heart, and a GREAT mom.
And the boys, as rowdy as ever, haha. We love and miss you, Havens!!!

An afghan from Steve's sister, Gina. She's really talented at crocheting.
On the plane ride home. I TOTALLY understand now why kids need their own seat when they turn 2. On the way there, Jake wasn't 2 yet so he sat on our laps, and it was pretty insane. On the way home he needed his own seat and it was HEAVEN!!!


We hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment