Friday, February 25, 2011

Look Who's Growing Up....

Yes, Jake is finally in his big boy bed, I can't believe it!!!! He is loving it, too, which I'm so relieved about, because he has loved being in his crib for so long, I was kind of dreading "taking it away" from him. But he has warmed up to it REALLY well. The first night when we put him to bed he only tried getting out of it once, but then we put him right back in and told him it was time to sleep, and he did. Then he didn't get out AT ALL during the night, and he even slept until his normal time.... crazy, I know. Then came nap time, which was the thing I was most nervous about, but even then, he only attempted to get out once, and I put him right back in and he stayed. I kept thinking that this was too good to be true, that he would eventually figure out that he could get out and he would take total advantage of it, and that SORT OF happened a few days later, but we would just put him back in his bed and tell him it was time to sleep, and for the past month that he's been in his bed he's been GREAT. We tell him to stay in his bed until we come and get him, because I don't want him to think he can just wander around the house and do as he pleases if he were to wake up multiple times a night, or in the middle of his nap. He wakes up sometimes and mumbles to himself but then goes right back to sleep. It totally works with him, which I wasn't quite sure if it would at first. We'll just cross our fingers that he keeps this up!!! :)
Helping me put his bed together.
He loves his comforter with the "fishees" and the "birdees."
He looks SO SMALL in his bed!! We decided to get a twin instead of a toddler bed because he's going to quickly grow out of his toddler bed anyway, and a big part of our decision was that my sister was getting a new twin mattress for her bed anyway, so they gave us her old one! Can't beat that ;)
We read him a book and sing a couple songs when we put him to bed. It's one of the most precious, sweetest parts of my day because he actually sits still next to me and let's me give him face tickles when we're singing!
He has to have all of his favorite stuffed animals with him to keep away the monsters :)
Sweet dreams, sweet boy..... thanks for being SO GOOD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment